Apply to Join the CHAMPS Network
July 22, 2021
CHAMPS is growing. We are accepting applications for a new CHAMPS site to be located in Nigeria, Pakistan, or Democratic Republic of the Congo. The first phase of the application process is the completion of the CHAMPS Site Assessment Survey. The survey is due Friday, September 10, 2021 at 5:00 P.M. EDT.
- Site is located in Nigeria, Democratic Republic of the Congo, or Pakistan.
- Site demonstrates surveillance feasibility and capacity, including mortality and pregnancy surveillance.
- The selected catchment area has an under-five mortality rate greater than 50 per 1,000 live births.
- Site has a catchment population of at least 100,000 people, including a birth cohort of at least 3,000 and at least 12,000 children under 5 years of age.
- Site shows the potential for the population to accept post-mortem tissue sampling (i.e., do not have an absolute legal or cultural prohibition against such procedures).
- Site is willing and able to share data with Network Investigators and outside stakeholders.
- Site is willing and able to share specimens outside the country.
- Site is willing to use a common protocol requiring standardized case definitions and pooled data.
Please review the full criteria list on page 2 of the Site Assessment Survey. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.